If you plan to conduct research in Nunavut in the physical/natural sciences, social sciences, or health research disciplines, you will require a Scientific Research License from the Nunavut Research Institute (NRI). Before applying for your research license, please carefully review NRI's Research License Application Guidelines.

After you have reviewed the license application guidelines contact NRI's Manager of Research Liaison, Mosha Cote (mosha.cote@arcticcollege.ca) to confirm whether your research project meets NRI's requirements for licensing under the Scientists Act.

There are two ways to apply for your Nunavut scientific research license.

Option one (recommended):

Complete our online research application form for your project and submit it along with all necessary attachments. *The application form must be completed in one session; it cannot be saved and completed later.

Option two:

Download and complete the fillable PDF License Application Form

Please submit your completed PDF application along with all necessary attachments to NRI’s Manager of Research Licensing, Mosha Cote: mosha.cote@arcticcollege.ca

*If you are a Nunavut resident conducting minimal risk research or if you are conducting minimal risk research on behalf of a Nunavut based organization, you may be eligible to apply under our expedited research licensing process.  Please contact our Director, Innovation and Research, for more information.